The single most important thing that we do every day as a leader is to serve and care for the people that we interact with every day. People are busy and keeping schedules that can be very trying and sometimes they reach a point where they begin to feel overwhelmed and it may start to impact their ability to lead and serve the people that they may be trying to lead. So how do we help them get through those hectic times and help them get back to helping others? Here are a few ideas on how we can help support them.
- Listen and listen closely. Don’t listen to offer your opinion just listen and be slow to speak.
- Help them see the positives. People often times get bogged down and in the weeds with the details and managerial responsibilities and have to be reminded of the positive things they are doing that matter and will have a long lasting impact.
- Brainstorm ways that may help them get some things off of their plate by delegating some of those managerial tasks that may be weighing them down.
- Encourage personal growth and intentionally leading themselves first every day. People cannot lead others effectively unless they are leading themselves first.
- Have them verbalize, write down and revisit their why. If they lose sight of their why they will begin to lose their way.
Leaders want to lead and make a difference but leaders are also human and need some help themselves.
If you are leading others be engaged and looking for ways that you can help others so they can help others as well.
Let me know how I can help you.
Thanks for reading.